DELICIOUS AND HEALTHY
This is a very simple, very healthy egg white fritatta dish that comes together in a curiously tasty way. I honestly didn’t have the highest of expectations of this dish in the taste department, considering that I composed it focusing on the nutritional components, and not with taste in mind, and was completely blown away by the tastiness! Enjoy as breakfast or dinner.
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
Here’s what you need…
- 4 cups spinach
- olive oil spray
- ½ cup roasted red bell pepper (from jar), diced
- ½ teaspoon Garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, minced
- sea salt
- 2 cups egg white
- fresh ground pepper
- Place an inch of water in a large oven-proof skillet. Bring to a boil Add the spinach and wilt for 2 minutes. Remove the spinach and place on a paper towel. Squeeze out excess water. Chop the spinach.
- Wipe out the skillet and place over medium heat. Add the bell peppers, garlic, thyme and a sprinkle of sea salt. Sauté for 3 minutes. Remove from the pan.
- Place the egg whites in a large bowl. Whisk for a couple of minutes until lightly frothy and add in a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Mix in the spinach and red pepper mixture.
- Preheat the broiler. Wipe out the skillet and return to medium heat. Apply a light spray of olive oil to the skillet. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet, turning the pan to evenly distribute. Shake the pan gently and use a spatula to lift the edges of the frittata, to let eggs run underneath.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 5 minutes, shaking the pan gently a few times. Once the eggs are almost fully set remove from heat.
- Place the frittata under the broiler for up to 3 minutes, watching closely to prevent burning. Remove from heat, cool for 5 minutes, then cut into pieces and serve. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 79 calories, 1g fat, 3g carbohydrate, 201mg sodium, 2g sugar, 2g fiber, and 15g protein.
Spread the word. Use the “refer a friend” link below to forward this newsletter and subscribe your friends.