Cheesy Flat Zucchini Noodleshttp://gocsf.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/zucchininoodles.jpeg 280 189 gocsf gocsf http://1.gravatar.com/avatar/774fe2deaacce48a9de9c111279a58f3?s=96&d=wp_user_avatar&r=pg
DELICIOUS AND HEALTHY
Here’s another guilt-free pasta recipe for you! You won’t need a spiral slicer for this one, simply use a regular veggie peeler – like the kind you would use to peel the skin from a potato – to create long, flat zucchini noodles. This recipe has a scrumptious, nutty flavor that will make you forget all about traditional noodles. Feel free to serve with some sliced chicken breast, sliced hard-boiled eggs or steak for added protein. Enjoy!
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
Here’s what you need
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tablespoon almond flour
- 4 large zucchinis, peeled with a veggie peeler
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (or more to taste)
- 1 Tablespoon minced parsley
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, about two minutes. Add the coconut oil, and once it’s melted, add the almond flour and a pinch of salt.
- Stir often with a wooden spoon, until it’s toasty brown, about two minutes. Remove crumbs from the pan and save for garnish.
- In the same skillet, add the peeled zucchini noodles. Sauté them until just tender, about one to two minutes. Turn heat to low.
- In a new pan on low heat, combine olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes, stirring with a spoon until fragrant, about 20 seconds.
- Transfer the zucchini noodles to garlic and oil mixture. Toss and stir until they’re coated.
- Turn off the heat and add parsley, salt, and black pepper. Sprinkle with almond flour crumbs before serving. Enjoy!
One serving equals: 165 calories, 12g fat, 72mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate, 5g fiber, and 6g protein
Spread the word. Use the “refer a friend” link below to forward this newsletter to your friends, family, and coworkers.